Click on the links to read the full stories
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 23:22:01 +0000: Our Brexit deal is at risk, May warns EU leaders - BBC News - Home
The PM says the withdrawal deal "can be passed" but MPs must be assured the backstop is not a "trap".
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 22:46:11 +0000: Strasbourg Christmas market attacker Chekatt shot dead - BBC News - Home
Police came across Cherif Chekatt in a Strasbourg street and shot him after he opened fire.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 22:29:03 +0000: Europa League: Arsenal's Laurent Koscielny returns in easy 1-0 win over Qarabag - BBC News - Home
Laurent Koscielny plays for the first time since May as Arsenal complete the Europa League group stage with an easy win over Qarabag.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 22:10:57 +0000: Senators vote to end US backing for Saudi war on Yemen - BBC News - Home
It is the first time a congressional chamber has voted to withdraw US forces by the War Powers Act.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 22:02:37 +0000: Chelsea condemn anti-Semitic chants in MOL Vidi game - BBC News - Home
Chelsea say fans who sang an anti-Semitic chant in the Europa League game with MOL Vidi have "shamed the club".
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 21:58:24 +0000: Celtic 1-2 Salzburg: Scottish champions squeeze into Europa League last 32 - BBC News - Home
Celtic scrape into the last 32 of the Europa League on a night of astonishing drama thanks to a late Rosenborg goal in Leipzig.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 21:28:39 +0000: Anthony Joshua says he wants to fight Deontay Wilder in April - BBC News - Home
Anthony Joshua says he's willing to fight WBC champion Deontay Wilder in April and told the American "I'm running the game".
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 21:16:20 +0000: Yemen war: Truce for lifeline port city of Hudaydah - BBC News - Home
The UN says it hopes this is the starting point for ending the nation's war and humanitarian crisis.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 20:34:07 +0000: Morata injured as Chelsea draw final Europa League group game - BBC News - Home
Chelsea lose striker Alvaro Morata to a knee injury as they draw with MOL Vidi in a Europa League dead rubber.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 20:27:41 +0000: Varnish tribunal hears British Cycling coaches had 'complete' control - BBC News - Home
British Cycling coaches had "complete" control over its athletes, according to evidence heard at ex-rider Jess Varnish's employment tribunal.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 19:53:48 +0000: Cardinal Vincent Nichols denies sex abuse 'cover-up' - BBC News - Home
Cardinal Vincent Nichols denied suppressing information about the son of author JRR Tolkien.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 19:50:20 +0000: Rapid Vienna 1-0 Rangers: Europa League exit for Steven Gerrard's side - BBC News - Home
Steven Gerrard's Rangers fail to reach the Europa League last 32 as Rapid Vienna progress thanks to a late Dejan Ljubicic winner in Austria.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 19:10:53 +0000: Geminid meteor shower: Where, when and how to see it - BBC News - Home
Around the world, the shower will peak during 13 or 14 December, with up to 120 meteors per hour.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 19:01:05 +0000: Maria Butina: Russian activist pleads guilty in US - BBC News - Home
Accused in the US of acting as agent for the Kremlin, Maria Butina has signed a deal with prosecutors.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 18:52:05 +0000: Dive over Jupiter's cloud-tops with Nasa's Juno craft - BBC News - Home
Nasa's Juno mission to Jupiter has reached its halfway mark and revealed spectacular views of the planet's polar storms.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 17:02:19 +0000: Young homeless blocked from renting, says report - BBC News - Home
Only one in five landlords would let to a young person who has been homeless, says report.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 17:02:02 +0000: Taekwondo World Championships: I'll buy another pizzeria if I win, says Walkden - BBC News - Home
Bianca Walkden would spend her prize money on another pizzeria if she wins this weekend’s World Taekwondo Grand Slam in China.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 16:51:46 +0000: New York Times London crime Twitter appeal backfires - BBC News - Home
The New York Times is sent thousands of tales of accidental eye contact on the Tube and badly made tea.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 16:42:55 +0000: Theresa May confidence vote: What was going on in committee room 14? - BBC News - Home
The other-worldly aura of the committee room where Mrs May's fate was announced.
- Thu, 13 Dec 2018 15:57:22 +0000: Why is Jeremy Corbyn not trying to topple Theresa May right now? - BBC News - Home
Jeremy Corbyn is being urged to call a no-confidence vote in the PM by other opposition parties.